Laborshed Analysis (2008)
What Is a Laborshed?
|A Laborshed is defined as the area or region from which an employment center draws its commuting workers. To determine the approximate boundaries of the Crawford County Laborshed area, local employers supplied the ZIP code listings of where each of their employees reside. This Laborshed analysis addresses underemployment, the availability and willingness of current and prospective employees to change employment within the workforce, current and desired occupations, wages, hours worked, and distance willing to commute to work.
Facts available in the Crawford County Laborshed
- Current Employed Facts
- Total Potential Laborforce: 34,022 (entire Laborshed Area)
- Median Wages
- Where do the Crawford County Laborshed applicants look for employment opportunities?
- Educational Degrees/Fields of Study/Certifications/Vocational Trades.
- Those Willing to Change Employment in the Crawford County Laborshed area.
- Commuting, Out-commuters
- Survey Zones by ZIP Code
- Underemployed, Unemployed, Homemakers, Retired Persons
For more detailed information please view the Crawford County Laborshed Survey & Analysis.
|For More Information Contact:
Chamber & Development Council of Crawford County
18 South Main
Denison, IA 51442-0682
|This information is compiled by the Workforce Research Bureau of Iowa Workforce Development (IWD).
1000 E. Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209, (515) 281-4896.